Tuesday 19 January 2016

Post-exam motivation

On these grey days with exams hanging over most of our heads, I bet I’m not the only one who feels very tired. As this blog post is being published, I’m having my last exam and it would be an understatement to say that I’m looking forward to being done!

I have been thinking about what I want to do when I finish my exams. After all, I have almost a week off and I’m not planning on going back home to -16 degrees in Norway!

The best thing I could think of would be to go to a spa and just stay there for a week, but that’s probably not the best idea on a student budget! I am, however, planning on some extreme relaxing time, catching up with TV shows and highly needed sleep. However, a week off shall not be spent just being in bed. Or at least, I’m trying to convince myself of that.



I woke up to this picture sent to me by one of my best friends back home and quickly decided I will stay in England for my days off. 


For my week off I’m planning on going somewhere here on the South Coast where I haven’t been. I have mentioned it before, but from Southampton there are so many trains and coaches you can catch, so now it’s just a question of where. I’m thinking about going to nearby cities like Portsmouth, Winchester, or maybe Salisbury and see Stonehenge, but any other suggestions are also highly appreciated.



Bournemouth, 40 minutes by train away from Southampton. Send me some sunshine, please! 


Strangely enough, I’m also looking forward to semester two. It’s a fresh start in a new year and that in itself is quite motivating. It’s also a bit daunting, since I’m halfway through my degree and I have no idea where the time is going!

Semester two of second year is also very special, since this is the semester we are applying for exchange in third year. This is something I really want to do and Southampton has so many good exchange opportunities for all the different courses that it’s hard to choose where I want to apply. To my knowledge this has to be done by February so, it’s quite soon!

I’m also going to take a bit advantage of all the wonderful opportunities offered to us as students here at Southampton and attend one of the many workshops Enabling Services are offering. Did you know each Monday they arrange something called Mindful Mondays for students? I have never been, but from the description I found on the event details, it looks like something I could find useful.

Last, but not least – I’m actually excited to get all the things ‘I will do it after exams finish’ done. This includes a deep-cleaning of our house, go proper food-shopping and getting registered at the Doctors. Yes, I was one of the lazy ones who didn’t want to stand in the queue outside the Surgery, but luckily I can register all year around.

I hope everyone’s exams are going alright and that in the deepest sleep deprivation and that you all at least have something to look forward to after exams!

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment