Monday 2 June 2014

End of exams weekend

I had my last exam on Friday and now I’m finally free to get some much needed sleep, catch up with friends, and start enjoying my summer break! My weekend started with the Green Action handover on Saturday morning, making me officially the new president of the society. I was given a lot of useful information about how they’ve been running the society over the past year and some great links to people and organisations I might want to collaborate with next year. Following the handover, I actually spent the afternoon in the library which might sound completely insane to some considering I had just finished exams (and therefore have practically been living in the library for the past few weeks)! However I was motivated to start early in planning and looking into some Green Action events for the coming year.

In the evening I caught up with a friend for a few hours before joining my housemates to celebrate the end of exams with a night out! I spent the early part of Sunday afternoon shopping with one of my course mates and just chilling in the city centre which was surprisingly relaxing, especially in the sunny weather. I later met up with a few of my dance friends to watch Maleficent in one of the cinemas in the city located near the waterfront. We then did some exploring around the older parts of the city and took a walk by the waterfront. I actually haven’t taken the time to really look around the central part of Southampton yet and with the lovely weather we had yesterday it was really nice to spend time outside (especially after exam period during which most of my time was spent sitting inside).



Our walk by the waterfront



 We later did a little exploring in the grander side of the city, a side which as a student I haven’t really taken the time to appreciate, and found a restaurant for dinner.


There’s never a lack of things to talk about with my uni friends. Not having seen them for a few weeks feels like a few months with the amount of things we had to catch up on. We ended up talking until the early hours of the morning! But I suppose that’s uni life, there is always so much going on so you’ll always have a dozen things to talk about. It was nice seeing so many of my uni friends over the weekend before we all break off for the summer.

Tomorrow I’m leaving for London to meet up with my sister who is flying in from Sweden. We’ll then spend the afternoon in London before buckling in for a nine hour coach journey to Paris. Last summer my sister and I also took a nine hour coach, but to Edinburgh, Scotland where we spent four days trying to cram in as many sights as possible. We’re definitely not the relaxing holiday kind of people.



On top of Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh last summer


I’m incredibly excited to travel with my sister again and hopefully I’ll have a great adventure to fill you in about when I come back.


Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment