Wednesday 25 June 2014

Results Day

Despite being post-exams, last Thursday was one of the biggest days of my university experience to date. It was also the penultimate event in my university calendar, to be followed only by graduation next month. I am, of course, talking about results day – the moment that all of the hard work comes down to, and everyone gets to see whether or not they’ve done enough to achieve the grade that they had hoped for.

Results were released at 2pm, but luckily I had an interview in the morning which kept me busy until then – it would have been an anxious wait otherwise! Time seemed to slow to a crawl for the last hour, but 2pm eventually came around, and the results were in. Thankfully, I’d done enough to get the mark I wanted, and secure my place on the masters programme which I will be undertaking in 2015. It was a huge relief, and extremely rewarding to know that all of those hours in the library had indeed been worth it!

Needless to say, the weekend following results day was spent celebrating. On Friday, my boyfriend and I went down to the Real Food Market on London’s Southbank, which has a range of ethically and sustainably produced – and absolutely delicious – food to try out.



Chickpea Tagine in the Southbank Rooftop Garden – a great way to spend a sunny Friday evening!


I was working on Saturday, which for me meant visiting some new food markets that I hadn’t heard of before. The first was Maltby Street, a tiny street market near Bermondsey, and the second was the Urban Food Fest in Shoreditch, where I got to sample some more delicious food in the form of vegan burgers. Food markets are one of my favourite things about living in London – they’re a really great way to spend a few hours, with a great atmosphere, especially when the sun is shining, and more incredible food than it’s possible to choose from.



Maltby Street Food Market – definitely going back for a second visit soon!



Delicious burgers at the Urban Food Fest in Shoreditch


On Sunday, a few of us went down to the Rivington Street Festival, a free event with food, live music, DJs and a few interesting market stalls. The sun was shining and there was a real carnival atmosphere, with everyone dancing in the streets and enjoying themselves.



The Rivington Street Festival



My friend, Bec, and me enjoying the sunshine


This week, it’s back to reality for a few days, with another interview on Tuesday and some work on my personal blogs to do, before I head off to work at Glastonbury Festival on Wednesday night. Here’s hoping the weather stays nice all weekend, as I don’t yet have a pair of wellies to take with me!

Tayler

No comments:

Post a Comment