Thursday 12 June 2014

The best laid plans

Much like Kristin and Robin, I’ve spent the past couple of weeks celebrating not only the end of my exams, but the end of my degree. One of my favourite things about summer exam season is the atmosphere when they begin to come to an end, and everyone is sitting out relaxing on the grass with a glass or two of Pimms. I headed straight up to London after my final exam, and celebrated with a delicious meal at one of my favourite restaurants.

There’s been plenty of parties, and enjoying the sunshine – my friends and I walked from King’s Cross to Camden Market along the Grand Union Canal, stopping to take advantage of the Discover Illinois festival taking place outside King’s Cross station. There was jazz music, free massages and a huge painting of Chicago that passers-by could contribute to which, of course, we did.



In the Bridge Bar on campus, celebrating our new-found freedom!




The Grand Union Canal



The Chicago mural, with our contributions


I also took part in the Colour Run, along with some other London fitness bloggers. A five kilometre run, with colour zones at every kilometre, where the staff throw coloured paint powder into the air and all over the runners. Luckily the weather held up, making for a really great event – loads of fun, and fantastic to meet some of the authors of my favourite sites. And, of course, some great photo opportunities.



Before the run with the other bloggers



Colour me happy!

Everything post-university was pretty much as expected, although it was really only when I came back home to Bournemouth that it hit me – no more assignments, essays or revision. I’m free to finally catch up on all the television I’ve purposely postponed until after exams, and to watch back to back episodes with no guilt that I should be studying instead. It’s not all fun and games, however.

Last week I found out that I won’t be leaving the UK until November – not July, as I previously thought. This means that I’m currently unemployed, hunting for a job and a place to live until I head off to Nepal. Not quite what I’d planned! But they say that everything happens for a reason, and the fact that I’ll be around for a while yet means that I’ll be able to run the Bournemouth marathon in October, something I didn’t think I would be able to do this year. With my plans not quite working out as anticipated, I’m having to accept that sometimes things don’t always go the way you’d like them to, and that some decisions are well and truly out of my hands. Nevertheless, there are positives in every situation, and no doubt there will be some opportunities over the next few months which this new situation will give rise to.

Tayler

No comments:

Post a Comment