Wednesday 19 October 2016

How to cope with boredom

It is good to be back to England’s version of October and not Norway’s version. Norway’s version is a bit like this….


Layers on layers and wrapped in my big coat. 

I’ve had a quick weekend trip home to Oslo last weekend and as always I have enjoyed myself. Now, it is back to university and the workload starts catching up.

If you have found it boring only reading my blog posts for a while now, I’m happy to say there is no need to worry! The blog team is complete now and I’m not the only blogger anymore!

Talking about boring and boredom, how do you cope with being bored? Besides eating unhealthily and watching a season of Netflix? Despite having more than enough to do at University I still have my moments where I’m just bored and fancy doing something other than work. I’m a firm believer of good breaks and not only devoting all my time 24/7 to my studies.

I would like to share some tips on what to do if you are feeling bored. These are all student-friendly tips and some of them I dare to say are good for your mind and body.

Go for a walk! 


Walking is the best way to experience Southampton and it is good for your body and mind. Put some headphones in and find somewhere nice to go. Mayflower Park, Oxford Street, Ocean Village are nice destinations.



This is what you can expect down in Mayflower Park


Experience the British Art Show 8 on campus or in town.


You absolutely have to visit the John Hansard Gallery whilst a student at the University of Southampton, so here is a great opportunity to see an art show and visit the gallery. Besides, the British Art Show is presented at several different locations in town, so you can see more of Southampton!

Go to the gym or join a society. 


It is always a winner and going to the gym is probably my favourite way of having breaks during a hectic week.

Go out for a drink and a game of pool. 


Given that a year ago I couldn’t play pool I must admit the English love for pool has grown on me. Maybe visit some of the pubs I recommended to watch Euro 2016 a couple of months ago; they all have pool tables and I find it amusing that I can play pool for ages now without getting bored.

If you find that any of these tips require too much effort to leave the house I have also attached some less “active” activities you can do.

Less active tips:

1. Text someone backwards
2. Create a bucket list
3. Organise your sock drawer
4. Play a prank on one of your housemates/flatmates

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment